The external expert peer review panel tasked with reviewing the scientific rigour of environmental monitoring in the oil sands region is set to deliver its final report to Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) and the Alberta Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Agency (AEMERA) on February 22, 2016. The report provides an impartial assessment of the extent to which the implementation of JOSM has improved scientific integrity, relative to the environmental monitoring that existed prior to its implementation in 2012.
Dr. Philip Hopke, Chair of the Expert Panel, will provide a technical briefing for media as follows:
Monday, February 22, 2016
11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
River Cree Resort and Casino
300 East Lapotac Boulevard
Enoch, Alberta T7X 3Y3
- A question and answer period will immediately follow Dr. Hopke’s presentation.
- One-on-one interviews with Dr. Hopke can be arranged with media personnel immediately following the briefing.
- JOSM Co-Directors, Dr. Fred Wrona, VP and Chief Scientist, AEMERA and Dr. David Boerner, Director General, ECCC, will also be available for comment and/or interviews.
- Cameras/recording equipment are permitted.
- Media who cannot attend may request a call in number.
- Information provided at the briefing will be embargoed until 1:30 p.m., February 22, 2016.
Please confirm your attendance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, February 19, at 3 p.m.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Communications